The Microsoft App Store for PC, known initially as the Windows Store, is an online marketplace where customers can browse, shop for, and download various products. Customers can purchase hardware such as personal computers, Surface devices, and Xbox consoles via the store. Additionally, users can download software and digital content such as applications, games, movies, and television shows.
Any application that wants to be offered through the Microsoft App Store for PC must first receive permission from Microsoft, as the Microsoft Store is governed by Microsoft. For instance, applications cannot include anything obscene, defamatory, adult, or politically inflammatory. In addition, they should not advocate violent behavior, the use of drugs or alcohol, or the carrying of weapons. There are also several guiding principles that Microsoft outlines for app developers to follow. These include not trying to scam customers or the ecosystem, not trying to mislead customers about the capabilities of a product, and not trying to mislead customers about the product’s capabilities.
Microsoft App Store Images
- Users get access to a library of games that can be played on mobile and console platforms, and the library is supported by both Windows and Xbox systems.
- These include personal computers, Surface devices, Xbox consoles, and accessories, as well as virtual reality (VR) hardware, application software, and other associated accessories.
- Tools for Windows Server, Windows Dev Center, HoloLens, and.NET apps are included in this category.
- Business applications such as Microsoft Cloud, Azure, Microsoft 365, and Dynamics 365 are included in this category.
How to Download Microsoft App Store For PC
The Microsoft App Store is built into the Windows 10 operating system, so you don’t need to install it separately. However, if you’re not seeing it on your PC, you may need to enable it. Here’s how to do that:
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Windows Start button and selecting the gear icon.
- Click on “Apps.”
- Scroll down and click on “Apps & features.”
- Under the “Installing apps” section, make sure the toggle switch next to “Allow apps from the Microsoft Store only” is turned on.
- Scroll down and click on “Microsoft Store.”
- Click the “Advanced options” link.
- Make sure the toggle switch next to “Let apps run in the background” is turned on.
- Make sure the toggle switch next to “Show in-app purchases” is turned on.
After you complete these steps, the Microsoft App Store should be available on your PC.